Friday, March 23, 2012

Microwave Leche Flan

The skies might be gloomy and the streets of Waegwan is wet but my house if full of laughter, music and dancing because of Julia and Santiago. They keep encouraging me to show-off my belly while they did theirs. It was quite funny and all but I am nothing like those energizers. Being this pregnant makes me huff and puff easily as 1-2-3. The only way to cool myself down is probably make snacks for them. I want to make those easy-bake muffins or fruits or cookies but I am craving for a leche flan. I have no steamer and cooking time is a big hassle. So I was browsing online looking for some ideal leche flan microwave. A dear friend of mine (Thanks badai Katya!) gave me a link to making microwave brownie and from there I have seen microwave cake, cookies, ice cream (SERIOUSLY), macaroons and so on. No leche flan, my luck. The closest one I could get was the custard pudding. I am not a fan of pudding so I had to tweak the ingredients a little bit to get my leche flan successful.



Leche flan:                
3-4egg yolks
½ cup condensed milk
¼ cup evap milk or regular milk
1tbsp brown/white sugar
drops of vanilla extract


Caramel:
1tsp brown/white sugar
1tsp water

Easy steps:


Whisk the egg yolks.

Combine the egg-yolks, condensed milk, evap/milk, sugar and vanilla extract.
Caramelize the sugar with water on the microwave for 30secs on HIGH

Let it cool off.
Mix the ingredients well to avoid lumps.
Place on a microwavable container with water at the same line as the custard batter and cover with a plastic wrap.

Place your microwave settings on the lowest setting for 4mins.

Microwave again on medium settings for another 4-5mins



Open and let it cool.

Serve chilled, or NOT. 


You may flip it or eat it as is and if you feel that the caramel is too little then you could just microwave another set of caramel. EASY!! 

ENJOY! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment