Wednesday, May 23, 2012

LESS THAN 30 DAYS!


I’m getting scared. Every pokes and hiccups I feel on my tummy, makes me feel like she’s ready to come out of this world. I’m getting scared. What if I’m not good enough? What if I make mistakes? What if I’m not fit to become a mother? At the same time I am excited. Who would she possibly look like? How would she smell? (You know babies smell really good!). Will she be a crybaby? Or someone who always smiles and eats like Santiago? (You know him from my past posts.)

On the first week of June my husband would be flying back to the US for his Doctoral Degree Program and I would be left alone for a whole week. We are trying to get my Mom over as soon as possible before the baby is born. She would be of great help and comfort, as I will recover from the delivery. And like my husband, she’s pro-natural birth ONLY, unless of course if there’s an emergency alternative. That makes his decision firmer to get my Mom back.

All I probably did while waiting for this to happen aside from taking care of the kiddies was trying to get everything for the baby. Stroller, blankets, car seat, etc., and so far I had huge help from my Mother-in-law and friends for that and I am always thankful for them. ;)

First box from Nana Judith!

Fourth box from Nana!


Thanks for the gifts! Karena, Marlyn, Kendra, Caitlin, Laura, Maricel, Dolores and Miraflor!

I assembled this ALONE. 



I don't have a lot of patience writing posts and probably won't have any enthusiasm for the next few weeks. I did this post randomly and without thoughts about grammar and such. I just wanted to fill something in, in case I forget. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, all your motherly instincts will kick in as soon as she gets here. I was only 18 when Larry was born! There is no greater feeling in the world than when you first hold her. Love at first sight! You will make mistakes, we all do, but you will just learn from them. I am sure my little granddaughter is going to be the most beautiful little girl in the world! (Spoken like every grandmother) If there is anything else that you need me to get for you, just let me know. Love to you all! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki! Found you through the pinay military wives fb page. Really like reading your posts, especially about the pregnancy.

    Just wanted to drop by to say hello and good luck with the upcoming birth of your baby. I hope everything will go well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Pepel. I was a member of that groups before but left when drama started. LOL Ikaw din pala buntis!! CONGRATULATIONS! Good luck too! Enjoy Japan! Never been there but might visit anytime next year. ;)

      Delete